To: "Eclipse PDE general developers list." <pde-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
From: David Erickson <halcyon1981@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: pde-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 09/01/2011 03:54PM
Subject: Re: [pde-dev] Diffing launches/products

Thanks for the reply Curtis,
I agree features can help as aggregates of plugins, but at one point I
evaluated using a combination of both features and plugins for
launches/products and found frustratingly that I could only use one or
the other but not both, I'm not sure if this has since changed.

Also the two fundamental issues with diffing them currently is that
the list of plugins is held on a single long line which most diff
tools dont handle well, and the difference in formatting between
products and launches.

Thanks,
David