Re: [pde-dev] product definition problems

Thanks Ian,

No problem, long winded is what I want :)

That's what I have - a feature based product and my feature includes references to dependency features. I just found it a bit strange that I had to explicitly include things like gef and jdt as dependencies.

Something else though, if I want to build a p2 repository off my feature, my dependencies will make it there also, but is this what is needed? If I would use that p2 repository as my update site then dependencies update will be considered from the p2 rather than their own repositories. Without including dependencies into the feature my product would not launch. I can break up my main feature into two - one for product definition that would have all needed dependencies (x.product.feature) and another just my plugins (x.feature), thus x.product.feature would include x.feature. But is this how it is done for eclipse based products and their update site?

Alex