Re: [pde-dev] Nomination for new PDE co-leads

On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 11:50 AM, Darin Wright <Darin_Wright@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> As announced at last week's community Eclipse architecture call I will be
> starting a new job soon. I am currently a co-lead for the Eclipse PDE
> project - however, in my new role I no longer plan to provide leadership
> to the PDE component. Chris Aniszczyk is currently the other PDE co-lead -
> and he has been occupied with other projects and has not provided active
> leadership in PDE for the last year. For these reasons, I'd like to
> nominate two new co-leads for PDE (assuming Chris agrees):

+1

> Curits and Ankur have been working on PDE for several years and are *the*
> active committers on the project. They manage the day to day development
> tasks for PDE - triage, bug fixing, testing, documenting, answering
> mailing lists, as well as developing major new features and participating
> in the component planning. Based on the rules of meritocracy I believe
> Curtis and Ankur are the rightful new PDE leaders.

Agreed. Ankur and Curtis have been doing the heavy lifting for the
past year as I've been focusing on moving Eclipse to Git amongst other
things. They've done great work and deserve the honor. I will remain
as a committer and contribute when I can. Early next year, I should
have an intern available and plan to have them contribute to PDE and
some other Eclipse.org projects.

Darin, do you plan on staying involve at Eclipse at all? If not, we
can have you as a Committer Emertius.
     http://www.eclipse.org/projects/committers-emeritus.php

--
Cheers,