[pde-dev] API tooling question

 Hi all,

I've been playing around with API tooling and seem not to be able to get it work. The scenario: I created a simple bundle which exports a package with one interface, ApiInterface, and made it a API baseline in Eclipse. Then created a "revision 2" of the bundle with a few changes to that interface. (See code at the bottom.) The bundle project is API tooling - enabled etc.

Now I expected that the changes in the interface would result in errors being reported for the ApiInterface class, since it clearly breaks compatibility with the baseline, and also for the manifest. But nothing happens, and when I manually run Compare with > API baseline, "No changes have been found".

What am I doing wrong? (I have Eclipse 3.6.1 Build id: M20100909-0800 from clean "Eclipse Classic" download)

Thanks,
Premek

----- baseline ApiInterface
package simple.base;

public interface ApiInterface {

    public void foo(String s);
    public int bar();
}
----- baseline manifest
Manifest-Version: 1.0
Bundle-ManifestVersion: 2
Bundle-Name: Simple
Bundle-SymbolicName: simple
Bundle-Version: 1.0.0.qualifier
Bundle-Activator: simple.base.Activator
Bundle-Vendor: cz.czu.kiv
Bundle-RequiredExecutionEnvironment: JavaSE-1.6
Import-Package: org.osgi.framework;version="1.3.0",
 simple.base;version="1.0.0"
Export-Package: simple.base;version="1.0.0";uses:="org.osgi.framework"

----- rev2 ApiInterface
package simple.base;

public interface ApiInterface {

    public void foo(String s);
//    public int bar();
    public void xoo();
    public void duck(long l);

}
----- rev2 manifest
Manifest-Version: 1.0
Bundle-ManifestVersion: 2
Bundle-Name: Simple-ext
Bundle-SymbolicName: simple.ext
Bundle-Version: 1.0.0.rev2
Bundle-Vendor: cz.zcu.kiv
Bundle-RequiredExecutionEnvironment: JavaSE-1.6
Import-Package: org.osgi.framework;version="1.3.0",
 simple.ext;version="1.0.0"
Export-Package: simple.ext;version="1.0.0";uses:="org.osgi.framework"

--
Premek Brada (Ing et MSc, PhD)
  Lecturer in Software enginering, Webmaster

Back to the top