Re: [pde-dev] Editing an Imported Eclipse plugin

Hi Nikunj,

Just so you know, these lists are used primarily by those developing Eclipse to communicate about meetings / schedules, etc...  You will likely find more information on the Eclipse newsgroups / forums.

http://www.eclipse.org/forums/

But since you're here, I'll try to steer you in the right direction.  It sounds like you want to use Eclipse for 'RCP' development.  (RCP == Rich Client Platform).  That is, you want to use the Eclipse workbench for your own (non IDE type) application.  This is entirely possible and one of the main use cases for Eclipse.  For many of your questions, can I suggested you look at some of the articles / books available:

1. http://eclipsercp.org/
2. http://www.eclipse.org/articles/Article-RCP-1/tutorial1.html
3. http://www.vogella.de/articles/EclipseRCP/article.html

(Just Google for Eclipse RCP for more information).

As for your specific questions:
Q1. You really should 'import existing projects into workspace', or better yet, store your projects in a Revision Control system and check them out that way.
Q2. This list is basically Eclipse RCP.  I don't know the list off the top of my head, but the articles above will probably help.
Q3. Yep, look at the resources I mentioned.

I hope this helps,
Ian