[paho-dev] Strange systemd behaviour with develop branch of Mosquitto

Hi all,

I've build and am running the develop branch of mosquitto in order to be able to access the awesome --tls-keylog for TLS MQTT debugging with Wireshark.

I've built this to install to /develop so as not to conflict with my production mosquitto.

When I switch my systemd service to the new binary it seems to block and keep trying to restart mosquitto (although mosquitto does run up, but then is restarted)

[Service]
Type=notify
NotifyAccess=main
ExecStart=/develop/usr/sbin/mosquitto --tls-keylog /var/tmp/keylog.txt -c /etc/mosquitto/mosquitto.conf
#ExecStart=/usr/sbin/mosquitto -c /etc/mosquitto/mosquitto.conf
ExecReload=/bin/kill -HUP $MAINPID
Restart=on-failure
ExecStartPre=/bin/mkdir -m 740 -p /var/log/mosquitto
ExecStartPre=/bin/chown mosquitto /var/log/mosquitto
ExecStartPre=/bin/mkdir -m 740 -p /run/mosquitto
ExecStartPre=/bin/chown mosquitto /run/mosquitto

When I revert back all is well again. I've fiddled about with "-d" but maybe I am missing something?

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Alex

--

Alex Lennon

Director/Founder

Dynamic Devices Ltd

0151-909-4345 | 07478346120
ajlennon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.dynamicdevices.co.uk
1st Floor, The Tapestry, 68-76 Kempston Street, Liverpool, L3 8HL

Back to the top