Re: [paho-dev] Python client 1.6.1 released

Roger Light <roger@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I'm pleased to announce that the Python client version 1.6.1 has been
> released. Version 1.6.0 was also released but broke Python 2.7
> support, which was not intended.

I have updated pkgsrc to 1.6.1.   I updated a system using it to report
UPS status and it seems to be reporting ok, using python 2.7.

I didn't see a 1.6.0 announcement, but somebody else in pkgsrc updated
to it.  It would be nice to have NEWS in the distribution; the pkgsrc
commit message for 1.6.0 noted "changes unknown".