Re: [paho-dev] controing generated persistent messages

You don't mention which of the man Paho libraries that you're using, but it sounds like the C lib?

Either way, I don't believe that any of the libraries will do this for you directly how you want. But just about all of them give you the ability to write this yourself pretty easily.

The thing about most MQTT client libraries is that they are very connection aware. You are normally alerted when the connection with the broker is lost, and if set for automatic reconnects, you can be alerted again when the connection is re-established.

So, when the connection is lost, rather than trying to publish messages, just put them into a local, application queue. Then, when the connection is re-established, send them at the rate that you desire.

Frank