Re: [paho-dev] About paho mqtt client buffers/holds message

Shivam Seth <shivam.jma@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> If this is not right place to ask questions, Please guide me to correct
> path.

It seems right.

> I am using *python** based paho mqtt client*.
> When MQTT broker get disconnected, the messages at mqtt client will be
> buffered, which are there to be publish to broker.

paho python is a library.  Did you write code to use the library?

> So I wanted to understand, How long that message will be buffered on
> client, or when it will be dropped by mqtt client?

Can you point to where in the docs this should be explained and what you
found there?

Not having a clue, I would expect that when the process exits, the
pending messages are lost.  I would also perhaps expect some largish
limit on buffered messages, which when exceeed perhaps results in
dropping old ones, and perhaps results in an error.

> I wanted to log such messages which are not published and drop at client
> itself?

I would suggest reading the source code.

Back to the top