|[paho-dev] EPL version 2 and general update|
A quick update for everyone, committers especially.1) It's required that we update to the EPL version 2.0 from the current 1.0, as 1.0 is being deprecated. This is a drop in replacement for the existing 1.0 file in each repo, and there may be some references to the version number in some of the other doc files. I'll be updating the repos I'm responsible for in the next few weeks, and then checking up on the others. Please do update yours if you can.
EPL v2: https://www.eclipse.org/legal/epl-2.0/ as a text file: https://www.eclipse.org/org/documents/epl-2.0/EPL-2.0.txtIf you want to know why this change is being made, see here: https://www.eclipse.org/legal/epl-2.0/faq.php#h.hz76esowpykz
2) I have wanted to update the Paho website (and logo for that matter) for a while. I only just realized that the new Eclipse theme is available (https://www.eclipse.org/eclipse.org-common/themes/solstice/docs/) which would provide a clean new look. It also (I *think*) will allow us to reinstate the Twitter feed widget, which I would really like. I'll have to confirm that part. If any committer would like to volunteer to help out with this, let me know.
3) I've been working on several MQTT 5.0 updates. - I released the C client MQTT 5.0 support last year- I've just completed a PR for Python MQTT 5.0 support, except for doc. I hope that will be able to be made available fairly soon. (https://github.com/eclipse/paho.mqtt.python/pull/334)
- I'm in the middle of creating a new Java client implementation for MQTT 5.0 based on the Vert.x framework. It's in the vertx branch of the Java client repo if anyone wants to try it out. (https://github.com/eclipse/paho.mqtt.java/tree/vertx)
4) Al has provided a beta version of MQTT 5.0 support for Golang: https://github.com/eclipse/paho.golang/releases/tag/v0.9.0
5) Two new client libraries from EMQ (https://www.emqx.io) are in the process of being contributed along with committers for them. I'll say a bit more about that soon.
If anyone else has any news or questions, please let us know!If there is anyone out there who would like to contribute in any way, also please feel free to speak up - thanks.
-- Ian Craggs icraggs@xxxxxxxxxx IBM United Kingdom Eclipse Paho Project Lead & Mosquitto Committer
Back to the top