[paho-dev] MQTT V5.0, Eclipse Paho Test Material and C Clients

Hi everyone,

I've updated the MQTT test broker and client (https://github.com/eclipse/paho.mqtt.testing) to the latest version of the MQTT V5.0 specification, for which a 2nd public review draft is now available.  Here is a section of the announcement:

We are pleased to announce that MQTT Version 5.0 from the MQTT TC [1] is now available for public review and comment. This release has been updated based on feedback from the previous public review. The comments received in that review and their resolution can be found at http://docs.oasis-open.org/mqtt/mqtt/v5.0/csprd01/mqtt-v5.0-csprd01-comment-resolution-log.doc.

The full announcement can be found here: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/mqtt/201711/msg00000.html

A major difference is the inclusion of properties for the will message in the connect packet.

I've also started on an embedded C client implementation of the MQTT V5.0 here: https://github.com/eclipse/paho.mqtt.embedded-c/tree/mqttv5.  I hope to have a first pass of the MQTTPacket library ready in the next week or so.  After that, I intended to move on to adding V5.0 support to the main Paho C client and the higher level embedded client libraries, probably in that order.  If you have any comments on or hopes for that work, you can respond to this post, or send me email or open an issue on the relevant repo.

Thanks.

--
Ian Craggs
Paho Project Lead; Committer on Mosquitto

Back to the top