[paho-dev] Debian packaging for Python (or other) client

Dear all,

This bug was reported for Debian today:

"wnpp" here is "Work-Needing and Prospective Packages". In other
words, someone thinks that the Paho Python client should be packaged
for Debian and is suggesting someone goes and does it.

I'm posting this here in case someone is interested in taking it on.
It should be a fairly simple introduction to packaging on Debian for a
beginner and I'm happy to help as a first reviewer - I'm not a Debian
Developer so I can't help get it in to Debian directly though.

I suppose I'll make the same offer if anybody wants to package the
C/C++ clients - I'm not familiar with how Java packages are put
together.

Cheers,

Roger

Back to the top