[paho-dev] MQTT client throttling

Hello all,

one of the features of MQTT client libraries listed on the HiveMQ blogs is "throttling". In most, if not all of the client libraries we can "throttle" outgoing QoS 1 and 2 flows by waiting for acks before sending new messages, but this does not work for QoS 0. I thought that our current approach might qualify as throttling - but apparently not :-)

Is there a definition of throttling for MQTT clients that we can all agree on, and works for any MQTT broker implementation? I'd be interested in implementing that in various libraries, if it seemed to be useful.

--
Ian Craggs
Paho Project Lead; Committer on Mosquitto

Back to the top