Re: [paho-dev] MQTT-SN talk at EclipseCon

Stefano,

MQTT-SN has features which take advantage of the underlying transport's ability to support multicast or broadcast, like that in UDP for instance. This means that gateways (or servers) can advertise their presence, and then clients can dynamically connect to them, switching from one gateway to another as needed.

Every client can also multicast or broadcast messages. This means that messages can be sent to a gateway or another client without a connection having to be established. Each client could also relay messages that it receives, or filter out those that it is not interested in.

So in MQTT-SN, you can use a connection to a server, similar to MQTT, or you can use multicast to send messages to every other participant in the group.

Ian