[paho-dev] MQTT-SN Java client and gateway contributions

Hello all,

I've just added three MQTT-SN components to the

git.eclipse.org/c/paho/org.eclipse.paho.mqtt-sn.apps.git

directory. This is MQTT-SN code that was written in IBM Zurich around 2008 when the MQTT-SN (or MQTTS) specification was being drawn up. It consists of:

1. A Java MQTT-SN to MQTT gateway (MQTTSN-Gateway)
2. A java MQTT-SN client (MQTTSN-UDP-Client)
3. A C MQTTSN-C-Client (MQTTSN-C-Client)

The Java gateway and client work as they are -- I tried them out today.

The C client is a framework which has a network layer which needs completion to work. I haven't tried that out. In any case, I expect it to be superseded by the MQTT-SN C/C++ embedded clients of which I have completed the first layer (in http://git.eclipse.org/c/paho/org.eclipse.paho.mqtt-sn.embedded-c.git/). That is, unless anyone finds a particular use for it :-)

--
Ian Craggs
Paho Project Lead; Committer on Mosquitto

Back to the top