E-Mail:  zhbinbj@xxxxxxxxxx
Address: Ring Building 3F, ZhongGuanCun Software Park,

DongBeiWang West Road No.8, Haidian District, Beijing, 100193, China

Inactive hide details for ನಾಗೇಶ್ ಸುಬ್ರಹ್ಮಣ್ಯ (Nagesh S) ---07/17/2014 03:13:05 PM---Hi, I am ನಾಗೇಶ್ ಸುಬ್ರಹ್ಮಣ್ಯ (Nagesh S) ---07/17/2014 03:13:05 PM---Hi, I am new to Android. Also, I hope, I am using the right forum. Can you

From: ನಾಗೇಶ್ ಸುಬ್ರಹ್ಮಣ್ಯ (Nagesh S) <nageshblore@xxxxxxxxx>
To: General development discussions for paho project <paho-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 07/17/2014 03:13 PM
Subject: [paho-dev] Using Paho Android MQTT service.
Sent by: paho-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,
I am new to Android. Also, I hope, I am using the right forum. Can you please guide me how to use the Android MQTT service for publish and subscribe ?

I have built the Android service JAR successfully with the Paho MQTT client 1.0.0. Also, I have been able to get the Android sample (the one that comes with Android service download) on my Samsung Galaxy phone.

In the onClick() method for a button in my layout, after validations, I am doing the following:

1. Obtain a new MqttAndroidClient instance (c) with context, broker URL and client Id.
2. Do IMqttToken tok = c.connect(); This works as I can see mosquitto broker log this connection.
3. tok.waitForCompletion(3000); This fails with due to a time out.

I commented out the waitForCompletion and went straight for publishing.
1. c.publish(topic, msg). This causes a NullPointerException that points to MqttAndroidClient.publish().

Code:
http://pastebin.com/Hc9Ugp9X

Nagesh.