[paho-dev] MQTT reconnect logic

Hi All,

I need help from you to understand reconnect logic.

Right now I’m using these components:

>>mosquito 1.2

>> Windows 7

>> Paho mqtt client java 0.4

>> Java 7, Spring 3.2.

Once the perisistence mqtt client gets disconnected (well I unplug my cable), then it throws an exception,

onnection lost (32109) - java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out

                at org.eclipse.paho.client.mqttv3.internal.CommsReceiver.run(CommsReceiver.java:138)

                at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Caused by: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out

Later when I try to publish ,

com.lnt.ubiqrede.exception.UBIQRedeException: Error while sending Data,

                at org.eclipse.paho.client.mqttv3.internal.ExceptionHelper.createMqttException(ExceptionHelper.java:27)

                at org.eclipse.paho.client.mqttv3.internal.ClientComms.sendNoWait(ClientComms.java:132)

                at org.eclipse.paho.client.mqttv3.MqttAsyncClient.publish(MqttAsyncClient.java:785)

Basicallt my doubt is if the mqtt client gets disconnected, does it tries to reconnect or we need to do it ourself.

Regards,

Bharath.

L&T Technology Services Ltd

www.LntTechservices.com

This Email may contain confidential or privileged information for the intended recipient (s). If you are not the intended recipient, please do not use or disseminate the information, notify the sender and delete it from your system.

Back to the top