[paho-dev] MQTT over WebSockets on iot.eclipse.org's broker

Hello all,

You may or may not have noticed that the live greenhouse demo on iot.eclipse.org [1] is fixed. It now uses MQTT over WebSockets to consume the data published by the greenhouse.
However, I have one quick Q regarding the way the Mosquitto sandbox is setup on iot.eclipe.org: according to [2] it seems that the path portion of the URL should be /mqtt, but it looks like it is setup as /ws . It’s probably no big deal but the way the master version of the JS client [3] is coded (i.e. /mqtt path hardcoded) makes me think that we may want to use /mqtt for our sandbox server? Note that the develop version allows to provide a full ws:// URL, so granted that people know the URL is ws://iot.eclipse.org/ws, they will be fine.

So long story short: should we change the WS URL for the iot.eclipse.org sandbox to ws://m2m.eclipse.org/mqtt ?

Thanks,
Benjamin.

Back to the top