Re: [paho-dev] Paho IP log - committers please check

Roger,

do you need any help with fixing this?  I think the other repositories are ok.

Ian

On 28/01/14 00:38, Wayne Beaton wrote:
Unfortunately, yes. It is a problem.

There may be a hole in our documentation or process that needs to be plugged. I'll look into that.

All Eclipse projects must start from an "initial contribution". That initial contribution is a snapshot of the code at the time the Eclipse project is created and does not include history. It is vetted and approved by the IP team. That snapshot needs to be the first commit in the project repository. We can't have the history of the project before it came to Eclipse in the Eclipse repository; the IP team is unable to vet history of an initial contribution, so it needs to be collapsed.

Some projects--like EGit for example--include a pointer to the previous home of their code for history.

Please work with the webmaster to fix your repositories so that they each start with the corresponding initial contribution. Webmaster should be able to replay the history since the initial contribution to get you back into a working state.

Let me know if I can help.

Wayne