Re: [paho-dev] Java MQTT broker

On 15/01/2014 5:24 PM, Kai Kreuzer wrote:
I came across your discussion triggered by Scott in October regarding a Java-based MQTT broker implementation (see http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/paho-dev/msg00948.html). I tend to agree with Scott that it would indeed be worthwhile for Eclipse projects such as ECF (and Eclipse SmartHome :-)) to have a pure Java MQTT broker available within the EF.

A few weeks ago I came across the moquette project (https://code.google.com/p/moquette-mqtt/). Just this week, the project lead approached me and he seems to be open to discuss involvements with EF/Paho, see https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/openhab/dLX1DpWf_JQ.

Now I wonder, if there is any interest from your side as well. Or is Paho the wrong place to discuss as it is only interested in MQTT clients, not brokers?

Kai,

Yes, that does sound like it would be very cool and helpful for many within the Eclipse community. Especially if it was also available as an OSGi bundle tested on Equinox and Concierge. I'm sure some helpful people here would be willing to help Andrea with that if needed :)

Eclipse Mosquitto[1] is the project implementing the broker side of MQTT, so a Java broker could perhaps find a home there.

I think that most of the Mosquitto folks are also on this list, but I've cross-posted just in case.

[1] http://projects.eclipse.org/projects/technology.mosquitto

--
Mike Milinkovich
mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxx