Re: [paho-dev] Paho API in Android Messaging

Yes indeed you are correct.  Never actually needed to do that so I didn't dig into it. :)

In that case I'm not sure what's wrong. The code looks fine to me. Since you're new to Android did you set breakpoints/logging to make sure you're init stuff is being called like you expect?

-Darren

On Tue, Nov 26, 2013 at 12:46 PM, Roger Light <roger@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Darren,

> It may be that the client and/or broker isn't happy with the # wildcard as
> the subscription topic.  For example the mosquitto_sub client app doesn't
> accept that(didn't test to see if the broker does).

Both mosquitto_sub and the mosquitto accept a single # as a
subscription. The problem you are most likely seeing is your shell
treating a single # in a special manner. Try

mosquitto_sub -t '#'

Cheers,

Roger