[paho-dev] Status of MQTT-S spec

Someone was asking about the MQTT-S specification, and I noticed that its licensing seems to be unclear.

[1] says “Like MQTT, the detailed specification of MQTT-S is open and available at mqtt.org.

But the spec document[2] on mqtt.org simply says “© Copyright IBM Corporation 2008, 2011. All rights reserved.”  I’ve looked through that document as carefully as I can, and I do not see any license grant similar to what is in the MQTT spec[3].

Can anyone clarify for me what the status is on the ability on anyone other than IBM to implement MQTT-S? Is this some oversight that can be easily fixed?

Thanks.

[1] http://www.zurich.ibm.com/sys/energy/middleware.html

[2] http://mqtt.org/MQTT-S_spec_v1.2.pdf

[3] http://public.dhe.ibm.com/software/dw/webservices/ws-mqtt/mqtt-v3r1.html