[paho-dev] Bug triage progress

Thanks to some great work from Ian we've made good progress this past week.

Some fixes for the C client code are in the Paho Git repo and the majority of C client-related issues are now closed off. I've added a build rule for the C client on OS X to the Makefile (please TEST this), and a README.md at the top level of the repo with some "getting started" information. We still need to close up the build rules for the samples.

I renamed readme.markdown -> README.md for the Lua client too. It would be a good idea to standardise on each Paho repo having a top level README.md - then, when the repo is mirrored to Github, it will render nicely! Feel free to use the C client README.md as a template.

*Nick* has offered to take a look at the work we need to do to move the website over to the M2M-IWG format reflected by Koneki and Mihini (and m2m.eclipse.org itself!) and I will work with him on that. NB I have created a new Bugzilla component for "website" for the future.

So the key tasks are:

- merge the Java "develop" branch over to master asap. If you are using the Paho Java client, please TEST the develop branch and FEEDBACK issues via bugzilla. This is IMPORTANT.
- Mavenize the updated Java client... important!
- convert the Eclipse Client view to use the updated Java client.
(*Marco* - please help with these if you can)

- triage the remaining open bugs, almost all of which are tagged to the Java client. If the fixes are in public Eclipse Git repositories then we should be marking the bugs as resolved so fixes can be tested.

- thoroughly test the C Client (and Makefile and doc) across as many platforms as we can.
- finalise the contribution of the Objective-C client
- add README.md to the Java client, Eclipse client view, Objective-C client

Let me know if you have questions or issues. I think the primary tasks here are very clear.

--
Andy Piper | Farnborough, Hampshire (UK)
blog: http://andypiper.co.uk   |   skype: andypiperuk

Back to the top