[paho-dev] Matching messages to subscriptions in the java client

Hi,
I'm looking at the java client, and wondering how best to associate a
message received to a particular subscription (or possibly
subscriptions). In particular, I'd like to wrap the existing API to
allow individual callbacks for each subscription, but simply keeping a
map of the subscription topic filters and comparing with the received
message topic obviously doesn't work because the filter can include
wildcards.

The obvious thing would be to implement the wildcard matching in my code
and re-run the match client-side, but I'm wondering if there's a better
way, or if such a matcher at least belongs in the client api?

Cheers,
David

Back to the top