Re: [paho-dev] Paho Project Call Minutes

Hi all,

I know about wireshark and that is a good option. The reason I never wrote a Wireshark MQTT plugin is that in the past, we were forbidden to use Wireshark internally in IBM. I wasn't being deliberately awkward!

I already have an MQTT trace tool - actually several implementations (Java, Python) which provide a very easy way to integrate the tracing of MQTT flows into automated tests. They sit between MQTT client and server and are very useful for debugging protocol errors. I also use them to break network connections so that we can test MQTT session reestablishment automatically.

They are also complete (all MQTT flows) and already written, so making them available is simply :-) a matter of jumping the IBM legal hoops.

Ian Craggs

P.S.

Back to the top