Re: [p2-dev] Making p2 deal with (PGP?) signatures for artifacts in metadata

Hi,

Here is my proposal for https://www.eclipse.org/lists/p2-dev/msg05910.html

  1. Do not ship 3rd party artifacts that are available in maven central with our p2 repo.
  2. Have a file listing all the 3rd party libraries from Maven central. And p2 update (process) should pull 3rd party bundles from maven central.
  3. For zips(product zips) we should do a PGP sign(we do have infrastructure for this).
    1. Since the product zips do contain 3rd party bundles(these are unsigned), we can either sign them or do a pgp sign on the zip
  4. We need to do pgp sign where possible.

I hope I am not going too radical way

Thanks

Sravan

Back to the top