Re: [p2-dev] anybody knows why an upgrade of our product (but not an eclipse upgrade) goes wrong like this?

there is no simple test i am afraid
its really our install from a product version 2019.9 -> 2019.12
(and i think even the latest version of our product of .9 because it seems that bit older 2019.9_rc -> .12 works)

i checked the code

  Collection<BundleCapability> matchingBundleCapabilities = fwkWiring.findProviders(ModuleContainer

and it bombs out there
so very like the fwkWiring is null

that is assigned in the start() method

 public void start(BundleContext runtimeContext) {
this.context = runtimeContext;
this.fwkWiring = runtimeContext.getBundle(Constants.SYSTEM_BUNDLE_LOCATION).adapt(FrameworkWiring.class);

so it seems that somehow that returns null (i guess that start() method has to be called)

i can try to debug it a bit.