[p2-dev] How to update IU properties?

Hello P2 developers,

I am using p2 director to add some plugins to the basic Eclipse release.  However, I don’t know how to configure these plugins.  Specifically, I am using the Yocto plugin and MCU Eclipse plugin, both of which allow the user to specify a toolchain path so that the plugin can perform cross-compilation within the Eclipse IDE.  I’d like to set the toolchain paths for these plugins using p2 director.  I see that there is a flag called -iuProfileProperties that lets the user specify a IU properties file with a list of properties to set, but I haven’t had any luck using it.  So, I guess my question is two-fold:

  1. How do I determine the name of the property within these plugins that specifies the toolchain path?  Or, more generally, how do I list the properties associated with a plugin?
  2. How do I set this property?  I would imagine that this would use the -iuProfileproperties flag, but how exactly should the input properties file be set up?  A sample file that shows how this is done would be greatly appreciated.

I haven’t found much documentation online about the above, so any help you could offer is most appreciated.  Thank you very much for your time.

-Kaushik

Back to the top