Re: [p2-dev] Pack200 compression

Hi Ed,

Thanks for your reply.

I don't plan to make an executable, unless more volunteers join in. The library will provide the ability to compress and uncompress pack200 archives, the difference is the caller will need to create the file and perform any deflate or zip compression following pack200 compaction, this isn't difficult, the executable is there for convenience, the library provides the necessary functionality.

I'm currently working on adding support for the StackMapTable Attribute and I can tell you it is difficult, other parts such as adding support of new constant pool entry's, not so much.

I don't think we'll see as many changes to bytecodes as we seen recently.

Regards,

Peter