[p2-dev] Generating multiple <update> elements for a <unit> (to handle feature rename)?

Dear p2 developers,

I already asked this question on tycho-users, but so far to no avail [1]:

Is it possible (using p2.inf) to specify that my feature
org.example.new.feature.group 2.0.0 is an update for both
org.example.new.feature.group [0.0.0,2.0.0) *and* any version of
org.example.old.feature.group?

We want to rename a feature (from org.example.old.feature.group ->
org.example.new.feature.group) such that both users of the old feature
and older versions of the new feature can using Eclipse's "Check for
Updates" feature.

So far I have only managed to produce a single <update> element, though,
using the following:

  org.example.new/p2.inf:

    update.id = org.example.old.feature.group
    update.range = 0.0.0
    update.severity = 0

Any advice on how to specify multiple upgrade paths is greatly appreciated.

Best wishes,

Andreas

[1] <http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/tycho-user/msg06706.html>

--