[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [p2-dev] Changelogs and specific version updates
- From: Pascal Rapicault <pascal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2013 10:17:00 -0400
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:17.0) Gecko/20130509 Thunderbird/17.0.6
I'm not sure if you are talking about the GUI aspects or just the
capabilities of the model .
But on the model side each IU has an update descriptor
(IUpdateDescriptor) which contain a description, a priority, and a few
other things. At this point, this information is never shown in the p2 UI.
As for choosing which update gets installed, if you are using the
UpdateOperation (see class of this name in the
org.eclipse.equinox.p2.operations bundle) then you will see that you can
chose which update to apply.
On 13/06/2013 4:15 AM, Vladimir Prus wrote:
I have a couple questions about the 'Check for Updates' command.
- Is there a way to provide list of thing changed in specific version
of an IU? If not, any plans to implement it? And if there
are no such plans and rolling a custom solution is the only way,
what would be the appropriate way to represent this in IU metadata?
- If a repository has several versions of one IU, can I select which
one gets installed?