[p2-dev] Can I change the location to extract features during provisioning using P2 Provisioning Agent?

Hi All,

How does p2 calculate the location to extract features during provisioning? Is it relative to the osgi.install.area?
The issue I'm facing is, some of the features to install have file-copy instructions in it's p2.infs, and the source files are copied from the features extracted to target directories.
The target distribution contains multiple profiles and their configuration areas defined separately, in below format.

target
|-plugins
|-features
|-p2 {shared p2}

|--ProfileA
|    |-configuration
|       /config.ini
|       /org.eclipse.equinox.simpleconfigurator/bundles.info
|--ProfileB
|    |-configuration
|       /config.ini
|       /org.eclipse.equinox.simpleconfigurator/bundles.info

During build phase when we install features via p2-director giving -destination as target/${Profile}.
Then the installing features are extracted to target/features and the relative path to the extracted feature will be ${installFolder}/../features; this works fine using p2-director, and necessary files get copied during build phase.
But during runtime when we do a feature installation using P2-provisioning agent, the features are extracted in target/${Profile}/features and the relative path to source file (${installFolder}/../features) in above file-copy instruction gets invalid.

Is it possible to configure the place to extract features at runtime? Can I explicitly specify the location to extract features to ProvisioningAgent?
Any help for this is really appreciated as I'm kind of stuck here.

Thanks,
Dileepa

Back to the top