[p2-dev] How to pass variables to p2 touchpoint instructions using p2-director

Hi All,

I have a question on variable used in touch point instructions during configure phase .

In some of our features we have used file copy instructions like below;
instructions.configure = \
org.eclipse.equinox.p2.touchpoint.natives.copy(source:${installFolder}/features/org.wso2.carbon.logging.mgt.server_${feature.version}/conf/logging-config.xml,target:${installFolder}/../conf/etc/logging-config.xml,overwrite:true);

With the new requirement of having multiple-profiles pre-installed using a shared bundle-pool, I'm invoking p2-director with
-destination : {targetPath}/Profile_Directory and -bundlepool : {targetPath}

As per documentation the ${installFolder} defaults to the root folder of the Profile. I assume this is same as -destination given above in p2-director?

But now the {installFolder} variable gives trouble when extracting features and copying files to target directories. An example error is as below [1]; I think this happens because the -destination and -bundlepool arguments are not pointing to the same location now when I'm invoking the p2-director to support multi-profile installation.

My question is, is it possible to pass a new variable OR override above installFolder variable used in p2-touchpoint when I execute p2-director? Can I use -profileProperties arguments in P2-director for this purpose?

Appreciate any help on this.

Thanks,
Dileepa

[1]
An error occurred while configuring the installed items
session context was:(profile="" phase=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.phases.Configure, operand=null --> [R]org.wso2.carbon.databridge.agent.thrift.server.feature.group 4.1.0.SNAPSHOT, action="">  I/O Error while copying /media/Carbon_Volume/Ubuntu_Resources/carbon/multipleP2ProfileSupport/dileepa/kernel/trunk/distribution/kernel/target/WSO2Carbon/WSO2CarbonProfile/features/org.wso2.carbon.databridge.agent.thrift.server_4.1.0.SNAPSHOT/conf/thrift-agent-config.xml - see details.
Caused by:  java.io.IOException: Source: /media/Carbon_Volume/Ubuntu_Resources/carbon/multipleP2ProfileSupport/dileepa/kernel/trunk/distribution/kernel/target/WSO2Carbon/WSO2CarbonProfile/features/org.wso2.carbon.databridge.agent.thrift.server_4.1.0.SNAPSHOT/conf/thrift-agent-config.xmldoes not exists

--
Dileepa Jayakody,
Software Engineer, WSO2 Inc.

Mobile : +94777-857616