[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [p2-dev] JUnit4 in org.eclipse.equinox.p2.tests?
- From: "Oberlies, Tobias" <tobias.oberlies@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 14:46:40 +0200
- Accept-language: en-US, de-DE
- Acceptlanguage: en-US, de-DE
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thread-index: AcyJpK+UWfY8c8huTH+9cky2s1Ma0AAAERoQ
- Thread-topic: [p2-dev] JUnit4 in org.eclipse.equinox.p2.tests?
- JUnit 4 has great new features, like Rules. Rules can for example be used to provide resources (e.g. a p2 agent) to tests in a simple, transparent way.
- Tons of other new features - not really surprising, 4.0 came out, what, five years ago...
- There will be JUnit4 tests which people will need to be able to read. IMHO this shouldn't be an issue nowadays.
Note: People won't be forced to _write_ test with JUnit4 - JUnit3 will still be fully supported.
> -----Original Message-----
> From: p2-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:p2-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On
> Behalf Of Pascal Rapicault
> Sent: Donnerstag, 13. Oktober 2011 14:36
> To: P2 developer discussions
> Subject: Re: [p2-dev] JUnit4 in org.eclipse.equinox.p2.tests?
> Pros and cons?
> On 2011-10-13, at 7:39 AM, Oberlies, Tobias wrote:
> > As far as I am aware, it would be very easy to allow JUnit4 Tests in
> org.eclipse.equinox.p2.tests (see
> https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=360797 ).
> > Does anyone know a reason not to do this?
> > The change would be to really small and limited to
> > - require org.junit 4.8 or later (instead of 3.8 or later)
> > - change the javacTarget to 1.5 (from jsr14)
> > Regards
> > Tobias
> > _______________________________________________
> > p2-dev mailing list
> > p2-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
> > https://dev.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/p2-dev
> p2-dev mailing list