Re: [p2-dev] Issue getting the p2 productPublisher / Director to correctly install a RCP app

Thanks Paul.

On 1 August 2011 01:14, Paul Webster <pwebster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I think the ProductPublisher creates the product IU that can then be used to create the product.  Does your foo_repo contains all of the executable bundles and a binaries/ directory?

The tycho generate repo. is missing a binaries directory.  Though tycho does generate a .tar.gz of the fully installed product that I can just untar and run.

Not understanding how this all works, I was hoping to take my product's artifact+metadata repo., add a delta-pack and .product file, and get p2 to create a complete repo. for the product install.  Perhaps this isn't possible?

You could try adding a complete repo to your director call, see if that helps ... http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/updates/3.7

Yes, using the director against the main eclipse repo works, which is why I thought I was doing something wrong.

I'm guessing what I'm attempting to do isn't possible using the p2 headless app, and instead there's an issue in my tycho build.

Cheers,
James

Back to the top