Re: [p2-dev] Pending patches in preparation to Git move

Ok great. I'll try with the test repo that Kim had created and will report.
On 2011-07-07, at 12:23 PM, Paul Webster wrote:

On Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 5:35 AM, Pascal Rapicault <pascal@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
In preparation for the move of p2 to a git repo (see Tom's mail from yesterday), I have been thinking about releasing large pending patches into separate branches in CVS so that they are automatically carried over into the new git repo, and thus saves the author some nightmare related to dealing with reapplying the patch. What do you think about this?

Once your git repo is online and the projects imported into your workspace, the patches *should* apply from within eclipse just as before.

If you commit them to CVS in a branch for the effected projects,  the tool we use to convert cvs2git creates a "delete commit" at the base of the branch to get rid of anything not tagged and branched from CVS.  This could make a merge on the git side painful, and might force you to cherrypick your commit across (just an inconvenience, I know).

Later,
PW

--
Paul Webster