Re: [p2-dev] Error in the p2 workspace; org.eclipse.equinox.p2.jarprocessor missing export

OK, I got it now, thanks for the link !

Anthony

Le contenu de ce courriel s'adresse au destinataire seulement. Il contient de l'information pouvant être confidentielle. Vous ne devez ni le copier ni l'utiliser ni le divulguer à qui que ce soit à moins que vous soyez le destinataire ou une personne désignée autorisée. Si vous le receviez par erreur, veuillez nous aviser immédiatement et le détruire.

De : p2-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:p2-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] De la part de Andrew Niefer
Envoyé : 28 mars 2011 16:57
À : P2 developer discussions
Objet : Re: [p2-dev] Error in the p2 workspace; org.eclipse.equinox.p2.jarprocessor missing export

There is a little bit about this in the help:
http://help.eclipse.org/helios/index.jsp?topic=/org.eclipse.platform.doc.isv/guide/ant_developing.htm

Essentially, the classes that are part of the ant tasks should not be visible to the osgi class loader.  This is because we need need the classes to get loaded by the ant classloaders, otherwise at runtime you can get ClassCastExceptions.

It can be very confusing and frustrating trying to debug a problem and getting exceptions casting org.apache.tools.ant.Project to org.apache.tools.ant.Project.  :)

-Andrew

Pascal Rapicault <pascal@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

03/28/2011 04:40 PM

Re: [p2-dev] Error in the p2 workspace;        org.eclipse.equinox.p2.jarprocessor missing export

Sent by:

p2-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

This is PDE acting up, the .ant packages should not be exported since they are not meant to be used by any other type and just be made available through the Ant tasks.

http://wiki.eclipse.org/Equinox_p2_Getting_Started_for_Developers ) I