[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[p2-dev] Publisher Refactorings - Copyright notices
- From: "Oberlies, Tobias" <tobias.oberlies@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 14:45:38 +0100
- Accept-language: en-US, de-DE
- Acceptlanguage: en-US, de-DE
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Thread-index: AcvSlsov8B79EKuWSSa3xKSX3Mpg5Q==
- Thread-topic: Publisher Refactorings - Copyright notices
For the publisher refactorings, I'm wondering which changes are worth an entry in the copyright notice header. From what I understand, only significant changes should be listed.
For the things we have done up to now, I'd draw the following line:
- Add contribution entry for:
1. org.eclipse.pde.publishing/build.properties - not much in there, so changing the bundleName is kind of significant
2. /org.eclipse.equinox.p2.publisher/src/org/eclipse/equinox/spi/p2/publisher/PublisherHelper.java and
/org.eclipse.equinox.p2.updatesite/src/org/eclipse/equinox/internal/p2/updatesite/RemoteFeaturesAction.java - moved one public (plus one private) method from the former to the latter
- Don't change copyright notice for:
a. all files that have just been moved.
b. all files where only imports (e.g. the Activator) changed.
c. technical files (like MANIFEST.MF) that don't have copyright notices
Does this comply with Eclipse's IP policy?