[p2-dev] Problem for update a big bundle

Hi

I’ve a problem for update a product with a big bundle (~350 Mo).

I try to test recovery mode for P2. For this, I use an unit test to update a product with a big bundle and I kill the process during the download. After, I retry to update after. But I’ve an NullPointerException thrown by org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.touchpoint.eclipse.Util.getBundlePoolRepository (line 79).

After several test, I find 2 problems.

First : the problem explain above

Second : when I want to update my product (version n) with a big bundle (version n+1), I’ve an NullPointerException thrown by org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.simple.SimpleArtifactRepository.getMaximumThreads (line 737).

If I change the big bundle with a very small bundle (~2Ko), I don’t have problem to update.

If I retry with the big bundle, the problem is back.

For information : Dev platform is on Seven 64Bit

I’ve you an idea on this problem ?

Regards

Pierre-Yves Folens

Back to the top