Re: [p2-dev] Executing a P2 traverse query

On Sat, Dec 18, 2010 at 1:58 PM, Pascal Rapicault <pascal@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[...]
I'm not sure this [Shared Install] doc is really up to date. The best way to see what happens in the case of shared installs is, install eclipse (do not run it), make it read only (on windows you have to go to some advanced permissions mgt pages to do it properly) and then run it.

It's not.  :D

I wound up testing the Eclipse Installer and proving to myself that the shared install works.

Eventually we'll need to be able to do the same thing the EI does programmatically.

 [...]
Unless I'm missing something and assuming that you can detect what needs to be installed for a given user on each feature, then the use case you are describing does not require the traversal.

Thanks for confirming this.  We just discovered this experimentally and were wondering if this P2 wonder could possibly be real. :)
The dependency management in p2 really rocks!

Yes, it does.

I just spiked a new API and test suite by copying our old code and refactoring and was amazed at how much of our old code just goes away under P2.

Thanks for your assistance.

Dave

Back to the top