Re: [p2-dev] Use of uncompressed metadata repositories

Note that bug 329313 (lack of batching support use) means that compressed artifact repos are written and compressed many times during a proivisioning operation.  The time to compress is likely smallish (repo files are generally small) but still, when you do it hundreds of times in short succession its a waste.

Jeff

On 2010-11-21, at 2:56 PM, Pascal Rapicault wrote:

Uncompressed simple artifact repositories should not be the norm. It happens that some exists because people have not been careful with what they produce.
I do believe that the default in the publisher is to create compressed simple repositories, but it worth making sure that this still the case.

As for composite repositories (to answer to Hugues), these are typically small (just reference to others) and are indeed easier to deal with in xml format.