[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [p2-dev] Can install order be influenced?
- From: "Todorova, Katya" <katya.todorova@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2010 16:26:00 +0200
- Accept-language: en-US, de-DE
- Acceptlanguage: en-US, de-DE
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Thread-index: ActlWjaODbV1p9x1R6CC44imsOXkWAAB8Fqw
- Thread-topic: [p2-dev] Can install order be influenced?
Why do you need to have exact install order?
Startup / install ordering is always a bad thing and would cause you troubles in future.
Do the bundles have activators which use one another?
From: p2-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:p2-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Thomas Hallgren
Sent: Wednesday, October 06, 2010 4:27 PM
To: P2 developer discussions
Subject: [p2-dev] Can install order be influenced?
We have a situation where a set of non-osgi components must be installed
in a specific order (leaf first when looking at the dependency tree). Is
there any way to tell p2 to call touchpoints in a specific order?
A depends on B which depends on C. I tell p2 to install A which of
course means it also downloads B and C. Once the resolve and download is
complete it's essential that C is installed first, then B and lastly A.
p2-dev mailing list