Re: [p2-dev] How is the agent cache used?

I don't think so. The cache filename is based entirely on the name and URL of the remote repository file. If you update the remote file timestamp it will cause the local cache file to be overwritten with the new contents, but won't create a separate filename.

John

Henrik Lindberg wrote on 01/27/2010 02:46:04 PM:

> Guessing that this could happen if a repo has exactly the same content
> but has updated timestamp ...
>
> - henrik
>
> 27 jan 2010 kl. 10.51 skrev Thomas Hallgren <thomas@xxxxxxx>:
>
> > Buckminster now uses it's own agent and i started to look at what p2
> > stores in the cache that it keeps under the directory <agent root>/
> > org.eclipse.equinox.p2.repository/cache. After loading some
> > repositories I found two files named:
> >
> > content643182476.jar
> > content2050526759.jar
> >
> > They were both of the exact same size. Content looked very similar
> > to so I checked the md5sum. It's also exactly the same. Should this
> > ever happen?

Back to the top