Re: [p2-dev] Wrap SimpleArtifactRepository

p2 does not have any explicit support to allow for the replacement of a repository.
The mechanisms that could be use for that are:
1) Replace the implementation of the artifact repository manager by setting a your own implementation in the IProvisioningAgent. This would have to be done for every instance of the agent that can be created
2) Remove the extension for the SimpleArtifactRepository from the extension registry by either using the equinox.transform bundle, or using the registry API
3) Add a mechanism to p2 artifact repository manager to control the look up order of the factories, thus allowing your instance to always be first used

HTH

Inactive hide details for Henrich Kraemer ---03/12/2009 08:28:51 PM---I would like to have some code which monitors (some) callHenrich Kraemer ---03/12/2009 08:28:51 PM---I would like to have some code which monitors (some) calls made to the simple artifact repository.

Henrich Kraemer <henrich.kraemer@xxxxxxxxxx>

03/12/2009 08:28 PM

[p2-dev] Wrap SimpleArtifactRepository

I would like to have some code which monitors (some) calls made to the simple artifact repository.

My initial plan was to implement a class
WrappedSimpleArtifactRepository which has a single constructor to which the p2 simple artifact repository is passed in.

Then there would be a factory
WrappedSimpleArtifactRepositoryFactory which creates or loads the simple artifact repository and then wraps it into the in WrappedSimpleArtifactRepository.

If I am not mistaken there is however no way to make
WrappedSimpleArtifactRepositoryFactory be used instead of SimpleArtifactRepositoryFactory.?
If there is no way is the envisioned way to provide my own
IArtifactRepositoryManager service which then can wrap the simple artifact repository? How to ensure that this is done early enough?

Does
WrappedSimpleArtifactRepository have to implement equals and hashCode perhaps mirroring the implementation in AbstractArtifactRepository?

Thanks,

Henrich