[p2-dev] Problems with the tests

After I refactored Query to IQuery, and moved the interface to the new Query API directory, one of the tests failed (The 35 to 36 test cases we have). After some investigation, it appears to be a problem with the test cases.

During the tests, the p2.tests.verifier is run (to verify things worked properly).  However, after this refactoring, the application failed to launch. It appears that the application is installed in (via dropins) into an existing Eclipse application (it's dropped into an Eclipse 3.5 install).  However, because of the refactoring, this fails, and thus the verifier fails to run, and thus the test fails.

Did this make sense?  Is there a reason we assume that an Eclipse 3.6 bundle can be installed in Eclipse 3.5?

cheers,
ian