[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[p2-dev] those wacky ntlm proxies
- From: Scott Lewis <slewis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 15:20:31 -0700
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- User-agent: Thunderbird 126.96.36.199 (Windows/20090812)
Regrettably, I wasn't able to attend today's p2 meeting, and didn't see
anything in the minutes about the ntlm proxy on httpclient issue (i.e.
as represented by bug https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=252002).
I'm assuming, based upon comments toward the end of that bug, that the
httpclient disablement workaround put in place by Henrik and myself is
working (at least for several ntlm proxy users)...and I'm assuming that
everything is in place for this workaround to be in the Galileo
maintenance release (as well as on Helios stream).
If this is incorrect, or anything else is needed to make it correct,
please let me know.
If these assumptions are correct, then I'm inclined to:
1) Mark bug 252002 as resolved. Through technical conversations with
Francis Upton and others, it seems now very unlikely that the apache
httpclient provider will/can be modified to support NTLM, so I think the
workaround now in place will have to serve in this regard (i.e. for
2) Open a new enhancement to create a provider that supports ntml proxy
interaction directly. Francis Upton and I discussed this strategy while
at the Google EclipseDay, and it seems like the best option for Helios
and beyond (especially given the existing providers to start from).