Re: [p2-dev] Starting bundles in the dropins folder

If you deliver a p2.inf file with your bundle then the appropriate metadata will be generated for your "repository" (bundles in the drop-ins) and the bundle will be started correctly. The only other way to do this is to deliver a content.xml file with the metadata already generated, and manually edit it to mark the bundle as started. If the issue is that you don't want to deliver an extra file, this doesn't sound any easier for you so I would stick with the p2.inf file.

Inactive hide details for Sameera Jayasoma <sameera.madushan@xxxxxxxxx>Sameera Jayasoma <sameera.madushan@xxxxxxxxx>

          Sameera Jayasoma <sameera.madushan@xxxxxxxxx>
          Sent by: p2-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

          06/03/2009 07:18 AM

          Please respond to

cc

Subject

[p2-dev] Starting bundles in the dropins folder

Hi,

I am searching for a way to auto-start bundles that are dropped into the "dropins" folder. The only way I've found is putting the p2.inf file with the following value.

instructions.configure=markStarted(started:true)

I would like to know whether there are any other ways to doing this rather than putting the p2.inf file.

Thanks
Sameera

--
Sameera Jayasoma