[p2-dev] Metadata Stamp

Has anyone looked at what would be involved with stamping the metadata with the version of the publisher used to write it?  This would help when debugging publisher problems as we could easily see what version (including qualifier) of the publisher was being used. I actually think is important enough to consider for 3.5. I know we are stamping the metadata with a version,  but that is often not enough.

cheers,
ian