[p2-dev] Fun touchpoint tests

While testing I created a little repository that contains IU's to manipulate program arguments and JVM arguments. This allows verification that the touchpoints work as expected, and that uninstalling them restores the eclipse.ini back to its previous state. So far there is just an IU to set the maximum JVM heap size to 512MB, and another IU to enable debug mode (adds -debug argument). I have done some simple testing with this, but it would be interesting for others to try it who have altered their eclipse.ini in various ways. Installing+uninstalling these IUs should leave your eclipse.ini back in the state before you installed them. The repository is found here:

http://eclipse.org/equinox/p2/testing/touchpoints/

Back to the top