Re: [p2-dev] Regression in RepositoryMirroring API ?

David,
I think org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.tools.mirror.RepositoryMirroring is obsolete, I'm not sure it ever really worked at all.

There is a new
 org.eclipse.equinox.p2.internal.repository.tools.MirrorApplication but it seems to only be available through the  <p2.mirror> ant task implemented by MirrorTask.  It is not exposed as a command line application.

There is
org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.metadata.mirror.MirrorApplication, which is the org.eclipse.equinox.p2.metadat.repository.mirrorApplication command line app.
and
org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.mirror.MirrorApplication is the org.eclipse.equinox.p2.artifact.repository.mirrorApplication app.

-Andrew

David Perli <david.perli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: p2-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

05/13/2009 12:52 PM

Please respond to

p2-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[p2-dev] Regression in RepositoryMirroring API ?

Hello all,

I am currently prototyping some experimental "p2 tools", relative to the p2 framework.

In particular, I am re-using the following application :
Equinox p2 Repository Mirroring (
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Equinox_p2_Repository_Mirroring)
That is to say, the following class :
org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.tools.mirror.RepositoryMirroring

I know that it is internal, so maybe not intended to be reused as an API.

However, I have managed a way to reuse it, but encountered one main issue :

I saw that the metadata/artifact names can not be customized,
and are unconditionnally set to a default value :
String repositoryName = destinationLocation + " - metadata";

I was wondering if that was intentionnal, or a regression ?

I mean that, referring to the Eclipsepedia API, the destination repository name could be set (in the past ?)
with the -destinationName argument.
I said it before, it can no longer be defined with this application.
However, any repository XML file still have got a name !

So, in case that it is a regression, I would modestly suggest to create a couple of setters
(setMetadataRepositoryName, setArtifactRepositoryname) in order to correct that !

Am I supposed to set the name manually, reloading the created repository with the p2 API ?
Or is this restricted access fully intentionnal ?

Thanks for the help,

Best regards,

David P.,
Trainee at Anyware Technologies, France.